Now that November is here, many thoughts and conversations for the next few weeks will be about Thanksgiving. The food, the family, the traditions, the naps!
There are so many good things that people expect, there often aren’t many surprises on that Thursday. And it’s not just the food on the table, but everything around it too. The decor often evokes fall – reds, oranges, browns, and golds. Beautiful yes, but…
What about a change? When looking through the November Gourmet, this picture above* kept jumping out at me. I love the fresh take of bright turquoise and blues on a Thanksgiving table. Mixed with the warm golds, it still feels a bit autumnal, definitely bountiful, and I love, love, love!
Below are a few accent pieces that would be a welcome addition to any table, and throughly unexpected this November 26.
1. Yves Delome tablecloth, Amboise
2. Daisy Hill, Passementerie Placemat – Turquoise
3. Kim Seybert glasses, Bubble
4. Jonathan Adler, Enamel Candleholder
5. HSN, Navy Cotton Hemstitch Napkins
6. Jonathan Adler, Talitha Runner
7. Ralph Lauren, Carolyn Feather Dessert Plate
8. I’ll be honest here – there is a very good chance that the original table inspired me because the blue mantle reminded me of this armoire that is currently sitting in storage. So its not for purchase, but I did find it at H.D. Buttercup in Los Angeles.
9. Chilewich Placemates, Pressed Vinyl Coral Gold
10. Kim Seybert, Turquoise Hemstitch Linen Napkins
11. Le Creuset from Sur la Table, Caribbean Blue Oval Gratin
12. Williams-Sonoma, Hemstich Linen Napkin – Pumpkin
13. CB2, Concept Napkins in Peacock Blue
14. Crate & Barrel, Linden Napkin in Teal
* All apologies for this picture – my scanner is down so I took a quick pic of the page. If you have the November 2009 issue of Gourmet, the pic is on Page 60 – and the colors are much better in print.